Monday, January 08, 2007

Fran's Desert Island Discs

Wanna be startin' somethin' - Michael Jackson. This is the happiest, danciest song in the world. I never ever get sick of it. It's the best.

Carey - Joni Mitchell. I wouldn't go anywhere without Joni. This is one of my favourites. It was tough though.

If I were a bell - from the original 1982 cast recording of Guys and Dolls. I went to see it when I was 9. I know all the words. This is my favourite. It's so happy.

I am the black gold of the sun - NuYorican Soul. Reminds me of travelling round the world. It's a great car track. And it's very long, so good for a desert island.

Summertime - The Sundays. If Ben and I had a song, this would be it.

I just wasn't made for these times - The Beach Boys. I wouldn't go anywhere without Pet Sounds either. And it may be the most beautiful song I've ever heard.

Your time is gonna come - Led Zeppelin. I love it when the beat comes in at the beginning, it makes me swoon.

Walk on By - Dionne Warwick. I think this is my favourite Burt Bacharach song. But it was very hard to choose.

I would save Wanna be startin' somethin' just coz it's so darn happy.

My book would be A Man in Full by Tom Wolfe because it's an epic and you can get lost in it and it's very, very long.

My luxury item would be a mac laptop with broadband and I don't care what Ben says about reception. Then I could write, design, email, watch DVDs...I wouldn't need to go home.

4 comments:

  1. i love black gold of the sun but never knew who it was by. i've got it on so many mix tapes.
    nice one auntie f
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, black gold of the sun...love it...reminds me happy sunny days away too...great choice...i'm thinking we might have to release an its-a-list -thing compliation album? x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic idea xanadu. then fran could play it on her mac while stranded!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done...how do you pick a Beach Boys song? Nightmare. Tooooooo many! Love DID X and F.

    ReplyDelete